Last revised: June 30, 2022
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information relating to a natural person who is, or can be, identified either directly or indirectly from such information and includes information such as a user’s name, address, telephone number, email address, Internet activity (such as browsing history), or other information directly linked to that person. Personal Information that we collect also includes the personal medical information which users provide to us through the Services. You are not legally required to provide Personal Information to us, but if you refuse to provide such information, we may not be able to register you for our Services.
Personal Information that We Collect
Ryse Health collects Personal Information from users when such users (or such users’ parents or legal guardians) visit the Site. Ryse Health collects the following types of Personal Information which you provide to us:
- Health information about users provided through use of the Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Contact details you may provide, such as your name and email address, and biographical information, such as your date of birth; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site.
In addition, from time to time, we may use or augment the Personal Information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties.
How We May Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information to:
- respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- communicate with our Providers who will help you identify the appropriate level of care and healthcare setting for the healthcare services you are requesting;
- send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Site, and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- schedule and provide services related to the scheduling of an appointment, for example;
- communicate with you regarding your health status, appointments and related services;
- obtain or facilitate payments for appointments and related services and send you payment receipts;
- send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- further our business purposes, such as quality assessment, data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends to inform members of the Ryse Health community which aspects of the Site might be useful to them, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; and
We may also use aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable for any legally permissible purposes without restriction.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- our third-party service providers that provide services such as hosting of the Site, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services;
- third parties, to permit them to send marketing communications to you regarding our services;
- for other treatment, payment or health care purposes;
- a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, liquidation or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
We may also disclose to third parties aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable for any legally permissible purposes.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Ryse Health is concerned about the safety and privacy of children online. Because of this, we will make all efforts to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulations establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the internet. Further, Ryse Health Services are intended only for minors whose parents/legal guardians have consented to their use of such Services. However, it is possible that by fraud or deception by others we may receive information given to us or pertaining to minors, including children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or else delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our unauthorized receipt of information by minors, including children under 13, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system is 100% secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee against all potential security breaches. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
STORAGE OF DATA
We will only store Personal Information for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, subject to applicable data retention periods imposed upon us by applicable law. This may mean that your Personal Information is stored by us for a number of years, depending on the purpose and need for that data to be processed.